Achille Castiglioni’s designs were often inspired by everyday things and made use of ordinary materials like extruded aluminum and stainless steel. The genius of his inventive imagination was in his ability to use the minimal amount of materials while creating forms with a maximum effect. “Start from scratch, stick to common sense, and know your goals and means,” he often told his students, and he clearly took his own advice.
Along with other postwar designers like Marco Zanuso and Ettore Sottsass, Castiglioni was a product of the artisan tradition of fine craftsmanship and a familial passion for sensual, expressive forms. With his brothers, designers Livio and Pier Giacomo, Achille helped establish the Milan Trienniale, the Compasso d’Oro awards and the ADI. And, like his contemporaries, Castiglioni took an active part in Italy’s postwar design renaissance. Lack of funds for large architectural projects forced designers to focus on small objects like furniture, tableware, lighting, radios, typewriters and office equipment.
Upon ordering this item will be handcrafted especially for you. This process takes time and expertise, so we allow 8 - 10 weeks for manufacture, quality assurance and shipping.
Delivery estimates are just that, estimates and some delays may have to be accepted. This item is non refundable.
*This item is a reproduction. Our products are not produced by the actual designer nor are they affiliated with the official manufacturers. Any mention of the designer or original product name is only for descriptive purposes.
* The product images on this site are there to give you an idea of how the product looks. You cannot rely solely on the image when placing an order. Some images may be there to show a product feature, design, handle style, finish etc. Sometimes, the manufacturer does not provide an image for the item, but will provide a similar image or a different colour to give you an idea of what the product looks like. You must carefully read the specifications or contact us for any information that you are unclear about.
Items are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for 24 months.
Only manufacturing defects are warranted. We do not cover any damages, chips, tears, marks etc caused by the customer either through use or installation of the product.
It is important to note that items with swivel mechanisms can sometimes be treated as fairground rides by minors! Damage to items that have been caused by ‘spinning’ very fast on swivel mechanisms is not covered; only manufacturing defect. We advise concise instruction of minors.
Please take note of the following points in regards to warranty information:
- We are obliged to offer a replacement or repair on Warranted items.
- Wherever possible we always request digital images in order to process and assess any resulting warranty issue.
- In the event of a problem we are obliged the opportunity to correct it and we do not charge shipping or delivery costs for replacements or repairs (within 14 days) unless a) the customer is using the 7-day e-commerce ruling and returning unwanted items b) returning items without giving the opportunity of correcting reported problems or c) the customer is reporting a fault on delivery but has signed as perfect with the courier.
- Outside of 14 days and the items are on a return to base warranty to be repaired or replaced.
We do not take responsibility for damage caused by the customer. Clearly marks, scratches and chips that are not on the product when it arrives are the customers' responsibility.
Made-to-Order items are covered with the same 24-month warranty however are not covered by the 7 day ruling of return as they have been made especially for you.
Warranty is void in all cases whereby any item has been modified from its original condition.