Tom Dixon (born 1959) is a British designer specialising in furniture. He was born in Sfax, Tunisia and moved to the United Kingdom at the age of four. Without formal training, he began designing furniture in his early 20s when after being injured in a motorcycle accident he used his welding skills learned while repairing his motorcycle to create a variety of objects including the S-Bend chair, discovered later by Italian furniture maker Cappellini. Among his most notable creations are the Mirrorball light (2005) and the Wingback Chair. He is also known for giving away hundreds of lights to the British public from Trafalgar Square in 2007. Items of his work form part of the collections of the Boston Museum of Fine Art, the Design Museum in London, the Centre Pompidou in Paris, the Moma in New York, the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art, the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Vitra Museum, Basle, Switzerland. He also engages in many design-focused speaking events and charity events around the globe and has taught at the Royal College of Art, Kingston Polytechnic and Plymouth University. He was appointed head of design for Habitat in 1998.
This item will be ship directly from our warehouse in China. Upon receiving your shipping confirmation, please allow up to 3 - 5 weeks for this item to arrive. Delivery estimates are just that, estimates and some delays may have to be accepted.
IMPORT DUTIES & TAXES:
If you live outside of the UK, deliveries are subject to import duties, local taxes and customs fees. Payment of these fees is the sole responsibility of the Client. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order. Orders shipped outside of the United Kingdom are exempt from UK VAT.
*This item is a reproduction. Our products are not produced by the actual designer nor are they affiliated with the official manufacturers. Any mention of the designer or original product name is only for descriptive purposes. Our products are made in China.
* The product images on this site are there to give you an idea of how the product looks. You cannot rely solely on the image when placing an order. Some images may be there to show a product feature, design, handle style, finish etc. Sometimes, the manufacturer does not provide an image for the item, but will provide a similar image or a different colour to give you an idea of what the product looks like. You must carefully read the specifications or contact us for any information that you are unclear about.
Items are covered by a manufacturer's warranty for 24 months.
Only manufacturing defects are warranted. We do not cover any damages, chips, tears, marks etc caused by the customer either through use or installation of the product.
It is important to note that items with swivel mechanisms can sometimes be treated as fairground rides by minors! Damage to items that have been caused by ‘spinning’ very fast on swivel mechanisms is not covered; only manufacturing defect. We advise concise instruction of minors.
Please take note of the following points in regards to warranty information:
- We are obliged to offer a replacement or repair on Warranted items.
- Wherever possible we always request digital images in order to process and assess any resulting warranty issue.
- In the event of a problem we are obliged the opportunity to correct it and we do not charge shipping or delivery costs for replacements or repairs (within 14 days) unless a) the customer is using the 7-day e-commerce ruling and returning unwanted items b) returning items without giving the opportunity of correcting reported problems or c) the customer is reporting a fault on delivery but has signed as perfect with the courier.
- Outside of 14 days and the items are on a return to base warranty to be repaired or replaced.
We do not take responsibility for damage caused by the customer. Clearly marks, scratches and chips that are not on the product when it arrives are the customers' responsibility.
Made-to-Order items are covered with the same 24-month warranty however are not covered by the 7 day ruling of return as they have been made especially for you.
Warranty is void in all cases whereby any item has been modified from its original condition.